Thursday, May 19, 2011

re-launch: introducing icky monster

I love blogging. I have been having so much fun with it, designing and coming up with content and expressing myself internet style. It's such a fun and positive creative outlet. But ever since starting, I've been trying to find my niche in the blogosphere and it just hasn't happened yet, until now. Although I totally dig it and the girls who keep it going, I realized I'm not quite a cutesy hipster/indie blogging queen and I just can't quite fit into that mold. But now I think I've finally found my real internet soul.

I'm proud to announce the re-launch of my blog, which I am now 100% proud of, as icky monster. I finally feel comfortable in my internet skin. I will now be http://ickymonster.blogspot.com and I am staying here. The name Icky Monster was inspired by my drawings because mostly they’re icky and mostly they’re monsters. I have also changed my tumblr and pintrest names accordingly (twitter user ickymonster already exists! fail!). I'm going to let my artwork influence my blog a lot more from here on out. I'm pretty excited about all this. Oh, and be sure to check out my new arty layout, which is probably still a work in progress.




ick·y   
–adjective, ick·i·er, ick·i·est. Informal.
1.
repulsive or distasteful.
2.
excessively sweet or sentimental.

mon·ster
–noun
1.
a legendary animal combining features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination, as a centaur, griffin, or sphinx.
2.
any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.
3.
any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character.


So, hi, from icky monster.
I hope every one likes the new direction! I'd love some thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!! I was going to say...I saw an interesting squid drawing the other day and thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwe, awesome. What was the drawing like?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...