Tuesday, October 4, 2011

birds dress are the best dresses


I found this dress at a thrift store and I knew I had to have it. Anything covered in birds belongs in my closet. The belt is also thrifted and the tights and shoes are from Target, I think (I am bad at this). Since I wore this it's gotten much colder and It looks like it's finally time for layers for the rest of the year.

Today I went to school but apparently I shouldn't have. This semester I have the worst professor I've encountered so far. She teaches an elective anthropology course (a required elective, mind you) and by "teaches" I mean she stands in front of the class and demands our attention so she can look down on us haughtily and insist we Google words like "coercion" since we obviously are too young and naive to have come across such a word before. Unfortunately the torture doesn't end there. She dresses so unprofessionally I really can't stand to look at her (once she wore a see-through shirt, I kid you not) and she assigned an advanced text containing only essays written by anthropologists for anthropologists. All of the assignments are turned in online so I'm not exactly sure why she insists we meet twice a week, but she does, so each week the students diminish in numbers and lately we refuse to take part in her misguided discussions. As a result she has been dismissing class earlier and earlier and this morning she released us in a fit of rage after five minutes and stormed out of the class room. It's hard to convey how insufferable she manages to be, but it's becoming far less difficult to convey how unprofessional she is.

I'm really starting to feel like going to that class is a waste of time, but at least she freed up my day so I can hang out with the animals and get things done around the house.

3 comments:

  1. De-lurking :)

    Love the dress- birds are the best! What about the bracelet? It looks pretty, but I can't really see it up close.

    Sorry about the professor. I have one who DIDN'T CREATE A SYLLABUS. I'm in grad school, and I just expect that profs. have things together at this point, but no.

    Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooo awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachel, the bracelet is made of alternating silvery and brassy pieces with leaf designs on it. It's really pretty! It was a gift though, so I have no idea where it came from. I'll take a better picture of it some time (:

    But HOW can a professor not make a syllabus?! That's so crazy to me. I wonder how some of these people keep their jobs...

    @Leona, Thanksss!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...